Global Entrepreneurship Week at AIMS-Sénégal
TOPIC: RENEWABLE ENERGIES AND AGRICULTURE
ON NOV 14TH 2016 FACILITATOR : CAMILLE KRAMER-COURBARIAUX
2:00 PM TO 6:00 PM
1. 2 :00 PM – 2 :30 PM : REGISTRATION
2. 2 :30 PM - 3 :00 PM: FOCUS ON RENEWABLE ENERGIES BY Guest Speaker: JULIEN POTRON, Nadji-Bi COMPANY
3. 3 :00 PM – 3 :30 PM: FOCUS ON AGRICULTURE BY Guest Speaker: SOULEYMANE AGNE, WAALU MA AGRI
4. 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM: Explanation of SWOT Analysis and Ethical Canvas (FACILITATOR)
5. 4:00 PM – 4:20 PM: Coffee-break
6. 4 :20 PM – 5 :00 PM: Team work – AIMS in ACTION (Supervised by Facilitator)
7. 5 :00 PM – 5 :50 PM: Presentations of Team work to the Jury– AIMS in ACTION (Supervised by FACILITATOR)
8. 5 :50 PM – 6 :00 PM: Jury deliberation and presentation of Winning team of AIMS in ACTION and Group Pictures
9. 6:00 PM: End of Workshop
Courses Bioinformatics (NGS) and Statistics
Course Practice NGS and Statistics, from 3 to 14 October 2016
Location: AIMS-Senegal, Mbour
Organizers: INDA, CEA-MITIC, AIMS-Senegal, H3AbioNet, Pasteur Institute of Dakar
30 participants will be selected on file with the following distribution:
- 5 participants IPD,
- 5 participants from Senegal universities selected by CEA-MITIC,
- 5 participants H3A-BioNet,
- 5 AIMS-Senegal RIIP students and,
- 10 participants selected by INDA.
The course is held over two weeks between 03 and 14 October 2016 on the AIMS-Senegal campus:
- 1 week of theoretical courses (open to participants selected folder + on any other level of student M2, PhD or postdoc, or teacher or researcher in Senegal with an interest in the training provided).
- 1 week practical course (open to 30 participants selected on file + eventually some dynamic people in the additional assistance).
Applications for the AIMS Master's 2016-2017 are now Close
The AIMS Master’s Program is not a typical university program. We look for the most talented and motivated students from across the African continent. Taught by top international and local lecturers, the program is supported throughout by tutors who work closely with the lecturers and students. The program material is purposefully broad, allowing students to learn about a wide spectrum of mathematical topics and their applications before focusing on a specialised topic for their research project.
AIMS IMAGINARY Maths and Science Roadshow, Workshop and Exhibition 2nd Edition AIMS Senegal 2nd – 5th November, 2015.
Supporting the development of the next generation of mathematicians and scientists in Africa is crucial to the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences. A key mechanism to achieve this is to work with partners in and out of Africa to showcase interactive visual and hands-on maths and science exhibits that are used to inspire learners and to encourage them to pursue maths and science subjects/careers.
Maths and science remains crucial for development and the younger generation has an important role to play in the development of their communities through the application of mathematical science ideas. This is in an effort to enable them address issues related to clean water, energy, sustainable agriculture, health, climate change mitigation and adaptation etc. For this to be achieved, the abilities of learners to think critically and become problem solvers needs to be enhanced.
Following the success of the first AIMS-IMAGINARY Maths and Science Workshop-Exhibition which took place in Cape Town, South Africa in 2014, AIMS is pleased to host the second edition of this event in Senegal.
Workshop on "Towards a new generation of common pool resource experiments: Using a mobile app to analyse dynamic human harvest behaviour".
From 18th to 20th Septembre 2015 at AIMS-Senegal center.
African Symposium on Genome-Wide Association Studies (ASGWAS) 2015
We would like to invite your organization to participate in the African Symposium on Genome-Wide Association Studies for complex disease - ASGWAS 2015 - that showcases state-of-the-art advances in the dynamic fields of medical population genetics, Bioinformatics of diseases mapping and drug discovery, and personalized medicine.
2015-16 AIMS Scholarship for Masters' in Mathematical Sciences
The AIMS Structured Master’s Programme is not a typical university programme. We look for the most talented and motivated students from across the African continent, recognising that grades are not always a good indication of potential. Taught by top international and local lecturers, the programme is supported throughout by tutors who work closely with the lecturers and students. The programme material is purposefully broad, allowing students to learn about a wide spectrum of mathematical topics and their applications before focusing on a specialised topic for their research project.
For a detailed synopsis on the projects, review the archive of previous years projects submitted at AIMS-South Africa archive and AIMS-Senegal archive.
AIMS provides scholarships to all students, ensuring that an inability to pay is not a barrier to enrolling on the AIMS Masters program.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. The closing date for applications is April 2, 2015.