The Chair in Mathematics and its Applications
The research program at AIMS-Senegal is supported by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research via the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). They act as partners in the project to promote networking between AIMS Senegal and German universities as well as with other AIMS centers. (for more details).
The Humboldtian Mouhamed Moustapha FALL is the endowed Chair in Mathematics and its Applications at AIMS-Senegal funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. His research interests are: linear-nonlinear Partial Differential equations, with a particular focus on free boundary Constant Mean curvatures hypersurfaces; Isoperimetric inequalities involving perimeter and eigenvalues on Riemannian manifolds; Hardy and Hardy-Sobolev inequalities; qualitatives properties of (relativistic) Schrödinger equations and over determined problems. (for more details.)
· To create a research environment and provide all accompany facilities.
· To integrate research with postgraduate training and the development of young researchers.
· To provide a space for mathematical scientists to work together and interact with local researchers and AIMS-Students.
The research activities include:
2) Supervising PhD students working as assistant of the chair and participate in the academic activities (doctoral courses, workshops, conferences, etc…) in the University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar and the University of Frankfurt in Germany. The PhD program is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Opportunities at the AIMS Chair in Mathematics:
With the funds of the chair holder provided by the Alexander von Humboldt foundation and within the agreement between DAAD and AIMS-Senegal, the following opportunities are available:
· Short research visit from (1 to 2 weeks) in AIMS -Senegal are welcome.
· Research in pairs initiative: 2-4 weeks visits by the Senegalese researcher and a local and a local research partner from another
university or an international research partner or Ph.D or postdoctoral student.
· Coorganization of short courses and conferences and workshop.
Students in the mathematical sciences wishing to pursue study in the research areas mentioned above, may apply to register for Ph.D in the Chair in Mathematics. All good and relevant research proposals are considered.
Please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professor Tobias Weth (University of Frankfurt, Germany),
Professor Andrea Malchiodi (SISSA/ISAS, Italy),
Professor Enrico Valdinoci (Weierstrass Intitute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, Germany),
Professor Susanna Terracini (university of Torino, Italy),
Professor Frank Pacard (Centre de Mathematiques Laurent Schwartz, Ecole Polytechnique-CNRS, France)