Finance Officer, AIMS Senegal
The role of finance officer is to provide financial and administrative support to Finance manager, colleagues, and
other stakeholders for the effective and efficient financial and administrative management of the centre ensuring
the safeguarding and appropriate deployment of its financial and administrative resources in accordance with the
AIMS-NEI procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Financial & Administrative Management Support on all aspects of accounting and financial requirements ensuring compliance with
organizational financial policies as well as statutory financial requirements including and not
limited to cash flow management, budgeting and financial forecasting, annual accounting
and financial statements and asset management Recording of general accounting and financial transactions Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including budget reports to the Finance
Manager and other heads of departments.
- Provide a support on the internal, financial and tax audits Ensure appropriate quality control mechanisms are in place to preserve the integrity of and safeguarding of financial data via record keeping protocols Create and support the maintenance of information on warranties, leases, maintenance and software contracts and licenses Declaration, payment and filing social security contributions for staff (CSS & IPRES) Report on Asset inventory and management including the depreciation of key capital items
Competencies & Other Requirements
A university degree in finance, Accounting, Business Administration & Economics
Accountant accreditation with an international accounting body is an asset
At least 2-4 years of relevant work experience
Functionally Bilingual (French-English)
Sound knowledge on General Accounting Procedures (GAAP)
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office with strength using Excel; experience with accounting software such as Sage, SERENIC and ACCPAC etc. and internet applications such as Dropbox, Skype, Gmail, etc.
Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements for institutional funders
Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to build and manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors
Working knowledge of international donor procedures and security management
Self-directed with excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines
Articulate communication skills, both verbal and written, to influence and facilitate
Flexible to adapt to an evolving environment
Experience working with an international NGO, an asset
• Centre of Excellence/Educational Environment
• Limited travel within Africa
• Available to work outside of normal business hours and/or weekends
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Click on this link to apply.
Applications will be accepted until February 1, 2022.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within two weeks of your submission, kindly accept
that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an
appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS.