- Mouhamadou Sy is the endowed Chair in Mathematics and its Applications at AIMS Senegal, funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. His research interests are: Nonlinear partial differential Equations, with a particular focus on stochastic approaches to regularity problems; Dispersive Equations such as the Nonlinear Schrödinger Equations, Fluid dynamics models such as the Navier-Stokes related Equations; Invariant measures problems in infinite-dimension. He is also interested in Universality phenomena.
- Organization of workshops, conferences, summer schools jointly with national and international universities/institutions at AIMS Senegal.
Supervising PhD students working as assistants of the Chair and participating in the academic activities (doctoral courses, workshops, conferences, etc.) at the Université Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar and the University of Bielefeld in Germany. The PhD program is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Please visit the chair’s personal website for updates (m-sy.org)
- Short research visits (1 to 2 weeks) at AIMS Senegal;
- Research in pairs initiative: 2-4 weeks visits by a Senegalese researcher and a local research partner from another university; or an international research partner; or PhD or post-doctoral student;
- Co-organization of short courses, conferences and workshops;
Students in the mathematical sciences wishing to join the Research Centre may apply to register for PhD with the Chair. All relevant research proposals will be considered. Please feel free to send a detailed CV to email@example.com.
Collaborators and research partners:
– National laboratories.
– International researchers:
Prof. Benjamin Dodson (Johns Hopkins University, USA)
Prof. Juraj Földes (University of Virginia, USA)
Prof. Martin Hairer (EPFL (Switzerland) and Imperial College London (UK))
Prof. Martina Hofmanova (University of Bielefeld, Germany)
Prof. Xueying Yu (Oregon State University, USA)