The Facilities & Logistics Manager ensures the centre’s physical presence is in line with AIMS-NEI network standards, enabling the highest possible quality of academic programs delivery in the 24-hour learning environment upon which AIMS-NEI has built its reputation.
This highly visible role has direct and continuous influence over the day-to-day culture of the Centre and its stakeholders, and as an on-site resident, sets an exemplary tone for the community of students, tutors and visiting lecturers.
Do you have what we need?
• Higher National Diploma/Bachelor’s degree, preferably in facilities management, building management, construction, surveying, business
studies, engineering, property management or similar.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant managerial experience.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to remain calm in crisis moments.
• Proven ability to progressively probe, analyze and identify root causes of problem; provide practical solutions; and negotiate resolutions.
• Fluency in English is essential; French is desirable.
• Articulate communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong project management skills and ability to perform analyses, create timelines and task lists to meet deadlines, paying close attention to details.
• Knowledge of building, safety and fire codes, as well as the ability to interpret blue prints and schematics.
• Knowledge of energy or building management systems and/or work order systems.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Internet applications (Dropbox, Skype, Gmail, etc.).
• Experience in facility maintenance in an institutional setting preferable.