Post-AIMS Business Certificate
AIMS Senegal is offering bursaries to the value of at most $9000 (typically at most $5000 for a full Masters and at most $9000 for a full PhD) to its recent graduates or alumni (1-year post-AIMS) who have never benefitted from the Post-AIMS bursary programme and who wish to undertake either a research/professional Masters or research/professional PhD study in an institution in Africa. Priority will be given to excellent candidates following the order specified below:
- Applicants who have been accepted for study at national universities in the country where their AIMS Centre is located
- Applicants who have been accepted for study at any university or institution in an African country
- Applicants who will carry out sandwich programmes which involve at least one institution in Africa.
- Applicants who have been accepted for study at institutions outside of Africa and who may not have secured sufficient funding from the host.
Post-AIMS bursaries are normally awarded as matching half bursaries to students who have already secured partial funding from their research programme. Applicants are encouraged to declare alternative funds that have been raised when submitting their applications. This could include funds from their Host University, supervisor, government, family, personal sources etc. The Selection Committee will decide how to handle the “match fund” component on a case-to-case basis.
Candidates who ave been awarded full funding at institutions outside Africa are eligible to apply for a small travel grant to enable them to accept these opportunities. Applicants under this category should submit their applications directly to the AIMS Global Secretariat using the email:
and keep their Academic Director in copy using this e-mail address:
Kindly visit this link for additional information related to the Post-AIMS Travel Grant.
Goal and Objectives of the Post AIMS Bursary Programme
The overarching goal of the Post-AIMS bursary is primarily to:
Support the growth of research capacity in countries hosting AIMS Centres, and institutions on the African continent; and support student professional development which can translate to the direct applications of their skills to development sectors/industries on the African continent.
This is to ensure that through AIMS, African tertiary institutions can increasingly contribute to research based knowledge and/or innovations developed by young African researchers based in Africa.
It is envisaged that by providing partial financial support to recent AIMS graduates through the Post-AIMS Bursary programme:
- Bursary recipients will be able to further their academic/professional interest after graduation from an AIMS Centre. Candidates who have graduated 1-year earlier will also be considered
- The AIMS alumni strategic engagement initiative which encourages life long learning will be fulfilled.
- Continuous partnerships between AIMS, its alumni and associated networks will be enhanced.
Interested applicants should carefully read the INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS document which contains the full and complete package needed for the submission of an application.